This practical Basic Finance Skills training course introduces delegates to the fundamentals of financial management. Delegates will become familiar with basic accounting concepts and terms, track business transactions, use universal accounting tools such as the general journal, general ledger, and trial balance. Course activities also cover the purpose and how to use the four financial statements-the income statement, the balance sheet, the cash flow statement, and the statement of stockholders’ equity. Finally, delegates learn how to create and enforce a budget by analysing financial statements, setting objectives, and monitoring performance.
“The number one problem in today’s generation and economy is the lack of financial literacy.” Alan Greenspan
Does your employees need more understanding of financial matters?
Are they confused by the financial terminology?
Are they responsible for budgeting and financial planning?
If so, this is the training intervention they require.
Who should attend?
- Any employee who needs to learn how to understand and apply basic financial management techniques within their company.
- Definition of financial management
- Elements of the financial management process
- Concept of accounting
- The term “accounting”
- The objective of accounting
- Accounting cycle
- Income statement
- Balance sheet
- Cash-flow statement
- Audit report
Financial statements interpretation and analysis
- Tools and techniques of financial statement analysis
- Financial ratio analysis
- Classification of accounting ratios
- Liquidity ratios
- Profitability ratios
- Gross profit margin
- Net profit margin
- Return on total assets
- Return on equity
- Leverage ratios
- Resource utilisation ratios
- Types and formats of forecasts
- Sales forecast
- Income statement forecasts
- Balance sheet forecast
- Factors to be considered during financial forecasting
- Analysis of financial forecasts
Drafting a budget for a unit
- Strategic planning and budgeting
- Development of operational plans
- Linking an operational plan and a budget
- Developing a budget for a unit
- Reviewing a draft budget
- Course Duration:2 Days
Framed certificate of attendance
Notepad & Pen
Superior training venue with delicious lunch, teas and refreshments
- In-house Training:
- Public Courses:Not Available