Emotional Intelligence Training
This training course looks at how the fundamentals of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) will improve your inter-personal relationships, communication skills and increase your professional and personal success.
EQ, more than IQ, determines professional and personal growth and success. EQ can be developed to increase your skills in being organised, effective, focused and positively motivated.
This fun, practical workshop explores all aspects related to effective and emotionally intelligent management of people at all levels of your business and personal life. It will equip delegates with the knowledge and practical skills to manage difficult people, difficult conversations and conflict. It will explain the principles of effective inter-personal communication and how to understand behaviour in order to modify it. This workshop will be beneficial for everyone who have wanted to handle bosses, spouses, children, in-laws or employees in a more effective manner.
NQF Level 4
Who should attend?
- All levels of employees who want to develop their EQ
What is EQ and Why Does It Matter?
- What Is Emotional Intelligence?
- Origins of the Concept
- The Five Domains of EQ
- The Ability-Based Model
- Characteristics of Emotional Intelligence
- How to Improve Your Emotional Intelligence
- The increasing importance of High EQ in today’s workplace
Emotional Intelligence, Self-Awareness and Self-Management
- EQ and the Characteristics of a High vs. Low EQ
- How to be intelligent with your emotions
- How to understand and use the Johari Window for Increased EQ
Emotional Intelligence and Inter-Personal Relationships
- Comparison of Sympathy with Empathy
- Practical Empathetic Communication
- Managing Anger in Yourself and Others
- How to Calm Down Angry People
- Coping with Confrontation
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People®
Emotionally Intelligent Communication Skills
- What Is Communication
- The Communication Process
- Types of Communication
- Non-Verbal Behaviours for Effective Communication
- Barriers to Communication
- Active Listening
- Steps to Provide Feedback in Difficult Conversations including Role-Plays
Be SMART with People using Transactional Analysis as a Communication Tool
SMART: Strategic Meaningful Assertive Results-orientated Techniques for dealing with all people
- Understanding the principles of Transactional Analysis
- Philosophy of TA
- I am okay, You are okay – winning through solutions
- Parent vs Child vs Adult behaviours including Role-Plays
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Emotional Intelligence for Change at Sheraton Studio City
- The Business Case for Emotional Intelligence
- IQ or EQ?
- How the U.S. Air Force Improved Recruiting 3 Fold Using EQ Assessments
- Emotional Competence and Leadership Excellence At Johnson & Johnson: The Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Study
- The Importance of Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace: Why It Matters More Than Personality
Self-Assessment Exercises: EQ Self-Assesment
- Emotional Intelligence Self-Assessment – Dr. Dawie Smit
- Self-reflection – Assertiveness Questionnaire
- Assertiveness and Responsiveness Self-Assessment
- Course Duration:2 Days
Framed certificate of attendance
Notepad & Pen
Superior training venue with delicious lunch, teas and refreshments
- In-house Training:
- Public Courses:Book 4 or more delegates from the same company on the same session and receive 10% discount.